We believe all adults at risk that are living in or visiting Southwark have the right to be safe and protected from harm. We will all work together to support these adults and their carers to make informed choices and to provide the highest quality services so they can live full, independent and self-determined lives.
The Southwark Safeguarding Adults Board has four subgroups:
- Practice Development and Learning Subgroup (joint with the Southwark Safeguarding Children Partnership)
- Safer Communities Subgroup (incorporating the Community Safety Partnership)
- Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG) Subgroup
- Quality and Performance Subgroup
The interim chair of the board is Kate Moriarty-Baker, Director of Quality and Chief Nurse for NHS Southwark CCG. The Board Manager is Hannah Edwards. To contact the Southwark Safeguarding Adults Board, please email SSAB@southwark.gov.uk.
The board has three priorities for the year 2019/20:
- Managing risk
- Modern Day Slavery/Domestic Servitude
- Serious Youth Violence (joint with SSCP)