We believe all adults at risk that are living in or visiting Southwark have the right to be safe and protected from harm. We will all work together to support these adults and their carers to make informed choices and to provide the highest quality services so they can live full, independent and self-determined lives.
The Southwark Safeguarding Adults Board has three subgroups:
- Learning Network (joint with the Southwark Safeguarding Children Partnership)
- Quality & Effectivness Subgroup
- Safeguarding Adult Review (SAR) Subgroup
The work of the Community Safety Partnership also feeds in to the SSAB & SSCP Learning Network subgroup. The Community Safety Partnership has two subgroups:
- Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG) Subgroup
- Violence Reduction Strategic Group
The independent chair of the board is Anna Berry, who was appointed in February 2020. The Board Manager is Hannah Edwards. To contact the Southwark Safeguarding Adults Board, please email SSAB@southwark.gov.uk. Please do not send unsolicited confidential details of individuals to this email address- details of who to contact if you are concerned about an individual can be found here.