Following the Children and Social Work Act 2017, Southwark Safeguarding Children Board has been replaced by Southwark Safeguarding Children Partnership. This document sets out how the new arrangements will work in Southwark.
The aim of the partnership is to make sure that children and young people in Southwark are kept safe from harm and abuse. Its job is to co-ordinate the work of everyone working with children and their families so they can protect children effectively.
The Southwark Safeguarding Children's Partnership has an interim chair, David Quirke- Thornton, Strategic Director of Children's and Adults' Services at Southwark Council. The Board Manager is Hannah Edwards. If you wish to contact the partnership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Partnership Board has three subgroups:
- Practice Development and Learning Subgroup (joint with the Southwark Safeguarding Adults Board)
- Quality and Effectiveness Subgroup
- Child Safeguarding Practice Review Subgroup
The Partnership has five priorities for the year 2019/20:
- Exploitation (specifically Child Sexual Exploitation and Criminal Exploitation/ county lines)
- Knife Crime and Serious Youth Violence (joint with SSAB)
- Vulnerable Parents
- Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)